Search This Blog

4 Mar 2013

Tea Time

My mother is a tea ceremony master.

When I was a child, she often made me tea with the traditional method. I hated it because it lasted so long and had so many rules.

Now I'm away from home, and miss that time I had tea with mom.

Let's make tea without the annoying rules.

Step 1: Prepare your tools:

                                                             1) Small bowl
                                                             2) Matcha green tea powder
                                                             3) Whisk (bamboo or metal)
                                                             4) Strainer

Step 2: Place 2 teaspoons of matcha green tea powder in the strainer to make the powder nice and smooth.


Step 3: Add 100ml of boiling hot water into the bowl, and then whisk it. Remember it won't make creamy bubbles  with a metal whisk.
I used a bamboo whisk.
I find Matcha green tea goes well with chocolate since it's very bitter.

My mother drunk my tea, and said it tasted good.  ; )

<Note>
If it's too bitter to drink, drink it as Matcha au Lait.
Replace the tea into a small pan with sugar and 100ml of milk, and warm it up.  Make sure you don't boil it.