Search This Blog

31 Oct 2016

Bento- Halloween Jack O' Lantern

Happy Halloween !

My mom put so much effort in my daily lunch box to encourage me to enjoy food when I was in kindergarten. When I came home, she always asked me "Was yours the best lunch today? Did your friends bring a better one?"

I grew up in a family which loves eating! 


Ready in: 30 minutes

Ingredients for two:
[Pumpkin]
2 cups of cooked sticky rice
Some carrots, minced
1/2 onions, minced
1 clove of garlic 
Salt and pepper
Some green beans
Nori sheet

[Ghosts]- No instruction here
2 boiled eggs, cut to make a mouth (use for mummy's eyes)
Some fake crab sticks
2 Korean sliced rice cake, boiled 
8 black sesames 

[Mummy]- No instruction here
Some fake crab sticks
Udon noodles
Nori sheet
Some eda mame

[Broom]- No instruction here
Shaved carrots
Enoki mushrooms
Nori sheet


Step 1: Fry vegetables till onions get golden



 


Step 2: Add rice, and mix all well. Add some salt and pepper

Step 3: On a plastic wrap, put some rice, and make a baseball-sized ball
:


Step 4: Make 3-4 lines on top of the ball

Step 5: Cut nori sheet to make the pumpkin face



Step 6: Place them all in a lunch box